Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Week in Review [2/27]

So, lots of things happened this week. First, my cousin had her baby, a girl named Toren Madyson. Isn't she adorable?!


Second, a semi-truck tipped over on its side coming off the bridge on the southbound side of the highway, but they had to close all but one lane of traffic on the northbound side.
 That happened at 10 in the morning and they didn't get the truck righted again until around 2 pm. I had exams that day, and got out at noon, so had lunch then hung out at Barnes & Noble until the bridge was clear as I had to go southbound to get home. 


Third, a big car accident happened at the intersection right outside my house. Me, my mum, and our tenant were in the living room when we heard the crash.
 The SUV ran the stop sign and hit the Lincoln, which was crossing the intersection. The Fire Dept. had to take the roof off of the Lincoln to get the driver out.
 The really lucky thing was that the Fire Station and Hospital were only about 2 blocks away. As we were looking out the window, I saw a cop running down the sidewalk to the accident, then about a minute later cop cars, a fire truck, and an ambulance came to the scene. I never really found out how bad the guy that got hit was, but I do know that he was transferred to a bigger hospital in a much bigger city about an hour away.


And, last but not least, my aunt stayed over two nights after getting back from Tennessee to visit my cousin (the one who had the baby), because her home-county issued a State of Emergency alert because of the major storm blowing through.

On top of all that I had exams Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Hope you all had an interesting week, too.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment