Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blog News

First, I want to say I'm sorry I haven't been blogging much more than WWW Wednesdays and Shoved Through My Mailslot these past couple weeks. I've been really busy with my new job, and hopefully things will calm down soon, but until then it'll be a little quiet around here. I'm going to try and build up a queue on my days off, so if it is awhile before I can start posting regularly the blog won't be completely silent. I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to start scheduling the queue, as I tend to write posts then save them as drafts, and come back to them later with a fresh mind. Like with this post, I started it about a week ago, and just keep coming back to it. I've now started to ramble, so on to the next order of business.

Another thing that's going on, at the end of the month, is a feature called Under-Cover Thursdays. Erika over at One A Day Y.A. started Under-Cover Sundays on her blog last year and is graciously allowing me to tweak that a bit and start the feature here. What's going to happen is the third Thursday of every month will be Under-Cover Thursday, where I'll "share that extra-special touch publishers sometimes put into a book, under the dust jacket of a hard cover.*" Basically, I'll show you what little embossing (is that the right word?) things that publishers put on some hardcovers. I'm not really sure how else to describe it without pictures, so make note that Under-Cover Thursdays will be on the 21st this month, if you want to see my fabulous description in pictures.

I'm also going to start posting reviews, though probably not very often as I don't write reviews for most of the books I read. I am trying to write more in-depth reviews, so hopefully I'll feel more inclined to review if I feel my reviews are actually reviews, and not just 3-4 sentances of gushing. (Wow, I just said 'review' 6 times. And I'm going to say it once more :D) My reviews will be title 'Book Thoughts'. So watch out for that.

One last thing I wanted to talk about was the read-a-thons I'll be in. You may have noticed a couple read-a-thon buttons in my sidebar, and clicking on them will take you to the sign-up page. I'll be posting my participation post a few days before each one begins, and those will include the books I plan on reading.

I think that's everything I needed to say right now. Hope you all have a good week!


* Quote from One A Day Y.A.'s Under-Cover Sunday posts
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment